Friday, July 1, 2016

July Challenge

Hello everyone! 

Welcome back to all of you who have played  our challenges before 
and a big welcome to those who are stopping by for the first time! 
I hope you have great fun playing  along!

It's my birthday month!!! Yay!!
Though it feels a bit narcissistic to have a birthday theme, 
I thought it would be so much fun to make some birthday cards! 
We all need lots of birthday cards don't we?!!

The challenge for July is..


HOW TO PLAY

Make a card or tag using the theme given. 
Take a photo of your creation and link it up below.
If you have a blog, write a post about our challenge and link it back to our challenge, including photos of your card or tag.
Please display this storyboard prominently in your blog post so that others may be inspired to play.

ALSO, please display this logo prominently on the sidebar of your blog so that others may join us.


FOLLOW/JOIN  THIS BLOG
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND TAG YOUR SUBMISSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH THE TAG
#PCMCHALLENGES

If you don't have a blog, post your photos on social media and TAG them with #PCMCHALLENGES
If you don't tag them, we will not see them on social media.

Link your blogpost/social media post to the linky below.

Now for some inspiration...

I made this card  using the Lawn Fawn 'Critters on the Savannah' stamp set as well as the Hero Arts 'Floral' stamp set.
I coloured the animals using sakura Koi water colours .
I think it's a fun cheerful card for a small child and/or an animal lover!


For the tag, I used stamps from the Hero Arts 'Floral' stamp set to create some colourful foliage.
I stamped the Birthday greeting (also from Hero Arts), masked it off with some masking tape and then stamped the foliage using Memento inks.
I added some sequins sent to me by  my friend Sudha Kalra!



Now for some more inspiration!!

JULY GUEST DESIGNER

This month we have the most amazing 
Amy Tsuruta on board as our guest designer!!! If you follow her work, you can imagine why I am so excited that she agree to guest design for my challenge!!
Here is what she has to say about herself and her creations!!


About Me

Hey, it's Amy here and I'm excited to be guesting for Paru's Card Making Challenge!    I've been actively blogging at Tsuruta Designs since November 2007.  I have 2 kids in college and I'm engaged to a great guy that encourages my creativity.  I'm grateful for the Design Teams that I am on and for the wonderful Paper Crafting Community.


Here's a peek at both my card and my tag!


About the card:

I wanted to ink up some super cute Waffle Flower stamps.  I combined Willy & Friends with Bowtiful.  I used Zig Clean Color Markers on the image.   I love the Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frame Dies.  It makes that cute monkey the star of the show.  


About the tag:

I made it coordinate with the card so I could easily put the card and perhaps a gift card into the gift bag!  I used the Waffle Flower Claire stamp set.  I started off by stamping and masking the strawberries.  I started from the top of the tag and worked my way down.  I love how masking can really add so much to a project.  This is when I tell you, third time is a charm.  I threw out 2 previous attempts on the masking.  Love that Claire is balancing all those delish strawberries!

THE PRIZES

As always, we have some fabulous sponsors lined up for this month.

$25 gift card from Heartfelt Creations



AND 


A stampoholic Nano from Die cuts and More

We hope you have been inspired to create some beautiful birthday cards!
Can't wait to see your creations!

I will announce the winner of this challenge on the 28th of July, so don't forget to stop by!

You can link up your creations below.

To be eligible to win a prize, please follow all the instructions carefully...
you will find them above and in under 'how to play' in the right sidebar.


Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani





18 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for inviting me! Love your card and tag...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Amy! Such a pleasure having you on board! Thanks so much for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Lovely inspirations from Paru and Guest DT.Amy,its glad to know more about u.Both cards are so cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Akshma for playing with us every month!

      Delete
  3. FUn Challenge ! We can never have enough birthday cards !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing challenge and inspiration! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birth-month!! And happy birthday - whenever it actually falls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another fun challenge Paru! Your and your guests cards are gorgeous with such very cute images too. I wish you an awesome birthday! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very Happy birthday in advance Paru.Absolutely loved the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday :)

    Thanks for the amazing Challenge and I've added your blog badge into my side bar too hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to you... Its fun to play along the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Paru..wonderful entries and inspirations.... had fun playing along.. Thank u😃

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!